New show available for streaming in February!
If you're a fan of the Circa '21 favorite
"Southern Crossroads," this show is for you!
A merry band of misfits sneak into a theatre hoping to stay out of trouble, but instead find themselves front and center in this story about the power of music and seconds chances.
Add a down-on-her-luck theatre owner and her wacky assistant, a clueless town mayor, his scheming wife and bumbling sheriff and you’ve got yourself an evening of music and fun that will have you grinning from ear to ear!
Available for streaming Feb. 6!
Would you like to make a monetary gift to Circa '21?
Contact Diane at dlaake@circa 21.com
THANK YOU! YOUR GIFTS AND SUPPORT ARE VERY APPRECIATED!
Church Basement Ladies
4 options to choose from!
• All Holidays •Aprons & Appetizers
•Off the Grill • Desserts
or the bundle of 4 for $35
Plus $5 shipping & handling
to purchase, email
Dear Loyal Guest,
With the closure of Rock Island County by Governor Pritzker, we have closed our doors for now.
IF YOU HAVE TICKETS FOR WINTER WONDERLAND, SEUSSICAL or THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG: All reservations you have for Winter Wonderland, Seussical, and The Play That Goes Wrong will remain intact. We are simply moving the shows from the beginning of the season to the end of the season. So, for instance, if your reservation was for the first Saturday of the run, it will remain the first Saturday of the run. We have contacted everyone affected by this to reiterate this information and give you your new date. If the new date will not work for your schedule, you will be able to move it once without a transfer fee. That will be available to you for these three shows throughout the season. If you were using a gift certificate to pay off your reservation of Winter Wonderland, Seussical or The Play That Goes Wrong, those will be honored, regardless of expiration date.
To answer some of your frequent questions:
1. It was certainly not our choice to close during our busiest time of the year. We would much rather be open and entertaining you with the terrific shows we had planned, but we certainly do not want to defy a legal order and take the chance of losing our license and, thereby, possibly needing to close permanently.
2. Rather than wait for the Governor to reopen our zone in a month or whenever he would deem it to be safe, we felt closing until March was the best decision for you — our guests — and for us as well. It's extremely difficult to make guess when the governor will reopen our region, and trying to rehearse and open a show mid-run is just frustrating to everyone. Following our experience last March of having to postpone and re-schedule everyone with Saturday Night Fever reservations four times, we knew the anxiety and uncertainty that caused, and it was not something we were willing to put everyone through again. The current plan of moving Winter Wonderland, Seussical, and The Play That Goes Wrong to the end of our 44th season in 2021-22 means we only have to move you once and you keep the same tables you had!
3. The scare of COVID19 was also a major consideration. We know how quickly the virus can spread in small groups, and we certainly did not want to endanger our guests, actors or members of our staff.
4. With this adjustment in our schedule, our Subscribers will still receive six shows in the 2021 season. The only difference is that Winter Wonderland and The Play That Goes Wrong will be at the end of the season rather than the beginning.
5. We have had a significant number of requests for cash or credit card refunds. While we understand your frustration, having to refund tens of thousands of dollars at the point when we are closing for two months, creates an extreme hardship for our company. We would prefer issuing you a credit for use at the theatre, instead of a cash refund. The credit has no expiration date and may be used for anything we offer, including tickets to another show earlier in the season, additional tickets for family and friends, your bar and dessert bill, concert tickets, children’s show tickets, and tickets for shows at The Speakeasy. In addition, now is the perfect time to use that credit to purchase gift certificates for family & friends. I respectfully request you consider the option of a credit or gift certificates, rather than a cash refund. We all want to be here for you in the future and we sincerely appreciate any help you are able to give us.
6. All gift certificates with an expiration date in 2020 will be valid through 2021. Holiday Gift Certificates for The Play That Goes Wrong can be used in 2022 for that show.
We plan to reopen in March with the beloved Church Basement Ladies in You Smell Barn. Reservations for that show and all other shows in the theaters’ 2021 season, are still confirmed. There is no need to call or email if you already have reservations. If you would like to make reservations, please call the ticket office at 309-786-7733 ext. 2. leave a message and someone will call you back.
Gift certificates and season tickets are still available to purchase. They may be purchased online at circa21.com or email email@example.com. With as terrible as 2020 has been for our business, we would greatly appreciate anyone who will buy a gift certificate or season ticket for a friend, loved one or even yourself!
Need help with your purchases? Although the theatre is dark, if you need help, you can leave a message at 309-786-7733 ext. 2 or and someone will get back to you!
We looks forward to seeing everyone again in 2021. Good riddance to 2020!!
Dennis Hitchcock, Owner/Producer
From the Basement to the Barn!
March 17– May 15 on the Circa '21 Mainstage!
From the basement to the barn, your beloved Church Basement Ladies are back and getting busy with life outside the kitchen in this installment of the popular series. After the last of the hotdish is served, the coffee pot is emptied, and the Jello molds are put away, these steadfast, sturdy women head to their farms, peel off their good girdles, and get on with their daily chores. In between picking eggs, milking cows, and dusting knickknacks, they congregate with some of the other lovable folks who inhabit this rural community. With plenty of crazy antics, loads of fresh laughs, and brand spanking new original songs, YOU SMELL BARN celebrates rural life in the 1950’s. And, at the center of it all, are your favorite Church Basement Ladies! !
For reservations, call 309-786-7733 ext. 2
(Leave a message and someone will call you back)
Because of the Phase 4 rules of Restore Illinois, capacity for each show is limited. For the safety of our staff and guests, temperatures will be taken when you arrive, and masks must be worn to enter the theatre, when interacting with staff, and anytime you are away from your table. Meals will be plated and brought to your table by your Bootlegger.
Let us help! Learn more.
Our Secondary Theatre
VIVA LA DIVAS
The area's hottest drag show VIVA LA DIVAS is back! IVA LA DIVAS includes unforgettable production numbers as well as many entertaining individual numbers with all the glitz and glamour you would expect!
Must be 18 or older to attend.
Doors: 7 p.m. / Show: 8 p.m.
$10 in advance/$12 at the door
Call 309-786-7733 ext. 2
(Leave a message and someone
will call you back)