Need Gift Ideas?
We can help!
Whether you're buying as a gift or treating yourself,
Gift Certificates and Season Subscriptions are a
GREAT way to support our local business and enjoy a wonderful night out that includes delicious dinners,
our amazing Bootleggers Preshow, and
fantastic professional theatre for LESS!
Find out more by clicking the buttons below.
Dear Loyal Guest,
With the closure of Rock Island County by Governor Pritzker at midnight Tuesday, we have made the difficult decision to close our doors for the holiday season. The holiday productions of “Winter Wonderland” and “Seussical” will be moved to the end of the 2021 season instead.
This was a terribly difficult decision. The holiday season is always the most popular time of year at the theater with our biggest crowds. This will be the first time since opening in 1977 the theater will be dark over the holiday season. Without having any idea when the governor will be reopening Rock Island County, we felt this was the only choice we had. It breaks our hearts to not be able to present "Winter Wonderland" and "Seussical" this year. With moving our holiday shows to next November and December, hopefully, COVID 19 will be talked about in the past tense!
Many of our guests attend our holiday shows as a family tradition. We are so sorry they will not be able to visit us this year.
IF YOU HAVE TICKETS FOR WINTER WONDERLAND OR SEUSSICAL: All reservations you have for Winter Wonderland and Seussical will remain intact. We are simply moving the shows from the beginning of the season to the end of the season. So, for instance, if your reservation was for the first Saturday of the run, it will remain the first Saturday of the run. We will be contacting everyone affected by this to reiterate this information and give you your new date. If the new date will not work for your schedule, you will be able to move it once without a transfer fee. You do not need to do that immediately when we call you. That will be available to you for these two shows throughout the season. If you were using a gift certificate to pay off your reservation of Winter Wonderland or Seussical, those will be honored, regardless of expiration date.
Please be patient as we work through the lists. Rest assured your reservation is intact, and we will contact you with the new information.
The Speakeasy will also be closed temporarily.
To answer some of your frequent questions:
1. It was certainly not our choice to close during our busiest time of the year. We would much rather be open and entertaining you with the two terrific shows we had planned for this holiday season! We certainly do not want to defy a legal order and take the chance of losing our license and, thereby, possibly needing to close permanently.
2. Rather than wait for the Governor to reopen our zone in two weeks or whenever he would deem it to be safe, we felt closing until January was the best decision for you — our guests — and for us as well. Following our experience last March of having to postpone and re-schedule everyone with Saturday Night Fever reservations four times, we knew the anxiety and uncertainty that caused, was not something we were willing to put everyone through again. The current plan of moving Winter Wonderland and Seussical to next November and December means we only have to move you once and you keep the same tables you had!
3. The scare of COVID19 was also a major consideration in our decision to close at this time. We know how quickly the virus can spread in small groups, and we certainly did not want to endanger our guests, actors or members of our staff.
4. With this adjustment in our schedule, our Subscribers will still receive six shows in the 2021 season. The only difference is that Winter Wonderland will now be the last show in the season rather than the first.
5. We have had a significant number of requests for cash or credit card refunds. While we understand your frustration, having to refund tens of thousands of dollars at the point when we are closing for two months, creates an extreme hardship for our company. We would prefer issuing you a credit for use at the theatre, instead of a cash refund. The credit has no expiration date and may be used for anything we offer, including tickets to another show earlier in the season, additional tickets for family and friends, your bar and dessert bill, concert tickets, children’s show tickets, and tickets for shows at The Speakeasy. In addition, now is the perfect time to use that credit to purchase gift certificates for family & friends, as we approach the holiday season. I respectfully request you consider the option of a credit or gift certificates, rather than a cash refund. We all want to be here for you in the future and we sincerely appreciate any help you are able to give us.
6. All gift certificates with an expiration date in 2020 will be valid through 2021.
We plan to reopen in January with the hilarious comedy The Play That Goes Wrong. Reservations for that show and all other shows in the theaters’ 2021 season, are still confirmed. There is no need to call or email.
Gift certificates and season tickets are still available to purchase as holiday gifts. They may be purchased online at circa21.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org. With as terrible as 2020 has been for our business, we would greatly appreciate anyone who will buy a gift certificate or season ticket for a friend, loved one or even yourself this holiday season!
Need help with your purchases? Although the theatre is dark through the holiday season, if you need help, you can leave a message at 309-786-7733 ext. 2 or and someone will get back to you! For your convenience, the ticket office also will be open on Saturdays from 10-4 to help you purchase
gift certificates and season subscriptions!
We looks forward to seeing everyone again in 2021. Good riddance to 2020!!
Dennis Hitchcock, Owner/Producer
“Hilarious! Nonstop pandemonium”
Jan. 13 – March 13 on the Circa '21 Mainstage!
Welcome to opening night of community theatre troupe, Cornley Polytechnic Drama Society’s newest production of an Agatha Christie-like 1920s murder mystery The Murder at Haversham Manor — where things are quickly going from bad to utterly disastrous! The set, the props, the lighting and the sound thwart the performers at every turn. Eventually, a few of these semi-amateur thespians, demoralized by disaster, go rogue. It’s a stage manager’s worst nightmare — and an audience’s cue for laughter. With an unconscious leading lady, a corpse that can’t play dead, and actors who trip over everything (including their lines), the accident-prone thespians battle against all odds to make it through to their final curtain!
“Tons of fun for all ages” (HuffPost)
“Absolutely, outrageous, tremendously funny farce that will keep you laughing.” (Chicago onstage.com)
“'The Play That Goes Wrong' has disaster down to a science” (theatermania.com)
Because of the Phase 4 rules of Restore Illinois, capacity for each show is limited. For the safety of our staff and guests, temperatures will be taken when you arrive, and masks must be worn to enter the theatre, when interacting with staff, and anytime you are away from your table. Meals will be plated and brought to your table by your Bootlegger.
Let us help! Learn more.
VIVA LA DIVAS
The area's hottest drag show VIVA LA DIVAS is back! IVA LA DIVAS includes unforgettable production numbers as well as many entertaining individual numbers with all the glitz and glamour you would expect!
Must be 18 or older to attend.
Doors: 7 p.m. / Show: 8 p.m.
$10 in advance/$12 at the door
Call 309-786-7733 ext. 2
(Leave a message and someone
will call you back)
Our Secondary Theatre