Classes & Camps
This fall we are excited to offer Audition Bootcamp and Musical Theatre Dance! Both classes will be held at two different times each and will be in person at one of Circa ‘21’s two performance venues. All classes are open to ages 11-18, and will be limited to 10 participants to allow for more individual attention. The use of masks and social distancing will be in effect. Please see more specific health and safety guidelines below.
To Sign Up, Call The Ticket Office!
309-786-7733 ext. 2
1. Audition Bootcamp
• Offered on Mondays from 4-6 pm and 6:30-8:30 pm.
• Each class is 2 hours long, and focuses on a different aspect of the musical theatre audition process.
• Each class costs $25. You can sign up for individual classes, but if you pre-register for all 4 weeks, you will receive an additional, completely free 30 min private coaching session with Bobby and Ashley. During this private coaching, they will give personalized materials to use for auditions in the future.
Week 1 Dance: September 28th - We’ll cover must-know steps, tips to pick up choreo quickly, ways to stand out (in a good way), and proper etiquette to help you rock that dance call!
Week 2 Monologue: October 5th - From choosing appropriate material to fine-tuning your choices, this course will have your back for what can be the trickiest part of auditions. For the purposes of the class, students will be expected to bring in a memorized monologue to work on.
Week 3 Song work: October 12th - Sure you can hit the notes, but can you sell it? In addition to the logistics of how to communicate with an accompanist, present your sheet music, and hit your mark, this session will go
in-depth on showcasing yourself through your character work, and make you the master of your song. For the purposes of this class, students will be expected to bring in a memorized 16-32 bar cut (with sheet music) to work on.
Week 4 Callbacks: October 19th - Learn the do’s and don’ts of callbacks: how to prepare, how to be flexible, ways to nail that cold read, and how to make educated decisions before you even arrive. Sometimes 2nd impressions are just as important!
2. Musical Theatre Dance Class
• Offered on Saturdays from 9:30-11 am and Tuesdays from 5:30-7 pm
• Each class is 90 minutes long, and focuses on a different style of musical theatre dance. We will cover basic steps used in each style, and work on both technique and character.
• Each class will be available at $15 per class or $50 total if you pre-register for all 4 classes.
Week 1 Classic Broadway: Saturday, September 26 and Tuesday, September 29
Week 2 Contemporary Broadway: Saturday, October 3 and Tuesday, October 6
Week 3 Tap: Saturday, October 10 and Tuesday, October 13 Tap shoes encouraged but not required
Week 4 Fosse: Saturday, October 17 and Tuesday, October 20
Students must bring/wear:
● Clothes and shoes appropriate for movement/dance
● Mask covering nose and mouth
Health Guidelines for All Classes/Camps
We are following the Day Camp guidelines as set forth in the PHASE 4 of RESTORE ILLINOIS from The Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Development. In accordance with these regulations, participation will be limited to 10 students per group. Each student must bring and be prepared to wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose. We will be practicing social distancing to the best of our abilities. Hand sanitizer will be available, and the space will be sanitized thoroughly before/between each session. Temperatures will be checked before each session and students showing a temperature of more than 100.4 will be sent home.
Who will you be learning from?